Significant effort expended on the scratch built wagon turntable at the side of the docks. A new ground frame hut is being produced.
The DCC controller was finally installed and the first version of the mimic panel was completed. Malcolm C and Dave started to plan the pierhead track configuration.
Just when you think you have escaped, something always turns up. A dangling cable has been eliminated and the replacement of the DCC controller case became a bigger job than anticipated.
Finally Dockland is all lit up and Max takes the opportunity to run a small shunter and two wagons.
The session was spent installing the wiring from the mains power block to the DCC controller and wishing that the baseboard bulkheads weren't where we found them!
Last week we found a socket tht had been wired incorrectly, so durinbg this session we fixed the problem and checked that the other sockets tested OK.
The boxes to house the sockets for the hand-held controllers had been 3D ptinted during the week (2 hours per box). They were mounted on the side of the baseboard and testing commenced.
Most of the base wiring has now been completed and tested. Two sockets remain to be installed when they arrive from China. All we need now is the track to be completed.