Now that the field trip is complete and photographs of Purley station have been printed, the modelling can begin.
The first task is to try and get the correct dimensions for the station buildings and overbridge.
The correct name would help too. Until 1888, the station was known as Caterham Junction – and before that Godstone Road.
A second field trip is planned; this time bricks will be counted and the long measuring tape will be dusted off.